From the Desk
It’s so exciting to be a part of the Communications field. I enjoy seeing how all the components of a solid marketing plan fit together to raise awareness for our clients. I’ve been involved in direct marketing for 20 years through my first company, a print, mail and logistics provider, as well as two of my current companies, Victory-360 and V360 Fundraising, both of which are supported by advanced data analytics to drive ROI. Direct marketing plays a fundamental role in how our clients reach their customers. By integrating new technologies and traditional methods, we produce highly personalized and targeted mail and email messaging and evoke excitement in prospects by connecting at their level of interest. The response rates we’ve seen this year have been simply outstanding.
Working with Clapp 360 Communications, I’ve studied how public relations or more thoughtfully earned media is used for storytelling. Sharing client news is the first step to gathering public interest and recognition while keeping a brand prevalent with its key audience. These stories create high visibility and often contribute to tangible marketing ROI. It does require a degree of patience that may drive some direct marketers a little crazy. I’ve seen how a mix of PR and DM ensure long-term brand sustainability and success. We’ve had a lot of press hits this month! As I share my excitement, I look forward to collaborating with you and your team to share your stories and achieve your goals.
This Month at Clapp 360 Communications
- The Association of Baltimore Area Grantmakers has rebranded to Maryland Philanthropy Network to better reflect its work and membership. Learn more about their name change in the Baltimore Business Journal and The Daily Record.
- Elliott Sidewalk Communities announced Cana Dev as the first tenant for The Outfields, their project in downtown High Point near BB&T Point Stadium. Learn more about their plans on FOX8 here and here, WFMY News2, Triad Business Journalhere and here, High Point Enterprise, and The Rhino Timeshere and here.
- Saft launched a new product in the Xcelion line, the Xcelion 56V lithium-ion battery for applications requiring higher voltage. The Xcelion 56V is used in applications including military ground vehicles, defense, microgrids, solar power systems, electric vehicles, and more. Learn more in the Forester Network, Solar Power World Online, SmartGrid Today, Power Systems Design, Solar Builder magazine, and Solar Novus.
- Amtrak FOP was highlighted in the Chicago Sun Times for speaking about the dangers of proposed budget cuts, which would shrink the rail agency’s police department by 18% in the next three years. Learn more here.
- Capital Funding LLC provided a total of $18.5 million in bridge-to-HUD financing for the acquisition of four skilled nursing facilities in Texas. Read more in Skilled Nursing News and Seniors Housing Business.
- Jemicy School installed 307 solar panels at its two campuses in Owings Mills as part of the school’s green initiatives. The installation was made possible by a generous grant from the Lockhart Vaughan Foundation. Learn more in I95 Business Magazine and Baltimore Citybizlist.
- Keswick has named Dr. Nishant Shah as chief medical officer for Keswick Community Health and the medical director for Adult Day Services. Learn more in The Daily Record, I95 Business Magazine, and Baltimore Citybizlist.
- The Independent Community Bankers of America® ranked CFG Community Bank third nationally as a top performing bank between $300 million and $1 billion in assets. Read more in The Daily Record, I95 Business Magazine, and Baltimore Citybizlist.
- The Maryland School for the Blind is pleased to announce that Superintendent W. Robert Hair has been named a Trustee of the Maryland Opera. Read more in The Daily Record, Baltimore Citybizlist, and I95 Business Magazine.
- Baltimore County’s Department of Aging (BCDA) has selected Keswick as Business Partner of the Year for its continued financial support of BCDA events and publications. Read more in Baltimore Citybizlist.
- CFG Community Bank recently appointed J. Duncan Smith as its new chief financial officer. Read more in The Daily Record, I95 Business Magazine, and Baltimore Citybizlist.
- Volunteers of America Chesapeake hosted their annual VOICE of Faith reception to provide vital support to those in need in Baltimore and Greater Maryland.
- Saft hosted their annual Customer Industry Day in Cockeysville with more than 100 guests and speakers Baltimore County Executive John “Johnny O” Olszewski, Jr. and Deputy Secretary of the Maryland Department of Commerce Benjamin H. Wu. Read more in Baltimore Citybizlist and I95 Business Magazine.
- The Baltimore Business Journal selected Capital Funding Group as one of two recipients for its Corporate Citizen of the Year award. Read more here to learn about the company’s philanthropy and volunteerism.
This month, we asked the Clapp team to share what they're looking forward to most this summer.
- Mike - Looking forward to celebrating my dad's 90th bday. We're going to video his friends telling stories about the old days while we listen to big band and eat crabs. Wahooo.
- Barb - I'm headed to Barcelona with a friend this summer. I've heard so many wonderful things about it. I'm looking forward to the urban beaches, beautiful architecture and great food.
- Timmy - After 3.5 years of wedding planning - 2 engagement parties, 2 showers and 2 weddings, including one in Del Mar, CA - I'm looking forward to relaxing in good old OCMD!
- Lisa - I’m most looking forward to spending my summer outdoors with family and friends. Throw in a few trips to the beach and it will be perfect!
- Karen E - I’m really looking forward to our vacation at the beach this summer at Fenwick Island. I love when all of us are together and nothing beats the beach, the bay and boating.
- Karen B - To celebrate a “milestone” birthday and 2 graduations, the Benckinis are going to Spain and Italy this summer! For part of the trip we’ll be staying with friends in the northern Spanish town of Gijon, then will venture over to Rome and Florence.
- Dana - I am looking forward to weekends at the beach with my family and friends.
- Sarah - The OC Air Show!
- Brittany - I’m looking forward to my trip to Costa del Sol, Spain!
- Leah - My Happy Place! Duckneck Campground - Chestertown!!
- Joe - Looking forward to getting outside with the family on those long evenings in June and July.